TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Power button on HD TV flashes after 15 seconds, but TV will…

Customer Question
Power button on HD TV...
Power button on HD TV flashes after 15 seconds, but TV will not go on. If power button is depressed, it will stay on steady for 15 seconds, then start flashing
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

How old is the set?

Has any work been performed?

Can I have your model?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

The set [I think] is 2006 or 2007. No work has been done on it. The model is HD-61Z456. I Have minimal TV experience; none with HD. I Have no meter, but have some tools. I believe there is a starter tube that may be the problem.
Friend you simply need a Lamp CLICK HERE

I don't know whether I need both the lamp & cover assy or where I should get it from.

Secondly, I have been told that it's tricky to replace the bulb, but I shouldn't touch it.Two questions: where do I order it from & how much would you charge to replace the bulb at my home in Centerville?

these questions can be answered from your local tv repair shop,, this is a simple repair so Im not sure what your issues are so here are a diagram from JVC

And I suggest you purchase the entire unit,, So purchase it from here and install yourself

Good luck friend.

graphic