TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

our community had very low voltagefor a lengthy period of time.

Customer Question
many are having trouble with...
our community had very low voltagefor a lengthy period of time. many are having trouble with appliances. my 46 inch samsung will turn with remote or manual switch. i have the back cover off and have clicking coming from what i believe to be the power supply on the left side looking at the back. if so, how can i verify this is to be damaged power suuply. if it is bad, how can i procure a replacement ps
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/22/2010
TV Technician: Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD replied 8 years ago
Flatpanel Guru
Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD

Welcome To Just Answer,

My Name is John,

It sounds like you have done a good job so far you have a defective power supply which is REALLY common after a low voltage problem.

The power supply is replaceable but more than likely you have a simple enough issue that could be repaired in short order at any local shop, the power supply typically blows the secondary switching regulator and the capacitor on the board a simple fix that most shops would stock the parts.

If you do want to just replace the board you can order it directly from samsung at samsungparts.com

I would need your model number to provide the part number for you but if you have the model number you can enter it into the site and get the part information right from there.

Thanks,

john

If you have any questions please just ask.

It says you viewed my answer, did this answer your question if not please just let me know, I would be glad to help if i can. If it is incomplete or inadequate please just let me know and i will do my best to explain.

Thanks again,