euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,
21107900

I have a Sony 52 XBR9 and love it. It was just moved from

Customer Question

I have a Sony 52' XBR9 and love it. It was just moved from one home to another and reinstalled. I notice now the only signal I'm getting is 1080i as opposed to 1080p. Is this a setting I can adjust?
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 8 years ago.

I will try to help you with this question.

What was the source of signal used in the first home,and what kind of signal are you using now in the new home?

Is the connection type the same like in the old house?

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for responding. I was using Direct TV in my first home and in my present one. The service is for HD in both locations. They installed their latest HD-DVR at the new house. All cables are the same.

Mitch

Thank you for the reply.

Direct TV is using different HD receivers.

The "normal" HD receiver are only capable of 1080i signals,

Only the so called Direct TV Plus HD DVR are capable of 1080P signals.

Only a receiver HR20 or later will be capable of the 1080P signals.

Also the HDMI cable used for connection needs to be a high speed -HDMI 1.3 cable.

I believe the issue is the Direct TV receiver,not being the "plus" version.

You will need to call them and have the receiver replaced with one capable of the 1080p signals.

In case the receiver is a 1080p receiver,and the cable is a 1.3 HDMI cable, I would still call Direct Tv and have the receiver replaced(may be defective or not have the latest software on it!)

I do not believe the tv is at fault,but if you want to make sure,you can try and hook up a bluray on the tv set.

If the tv will display 1080p from the bluray=the tv is OK.

I hope this will help,

Please accept my answer if you are satisfied and will be able to leave a positive feedback-otherwise,please let me know how can I improve my service.

Thank you so much and have a great day!

Do you still need help with this question?

Please,just let me know and I will gladly help you!

Thank you