TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Given that I have a PC, it does not appear I can play ACC (iPod…

Customer Question
Given that I have a...
Given that I have a PC, it does not appear I can play ACC (iPod files) through my Tivo Premiere. Is there a way around this problem? If I have to convert from ACC to MP3, which is the best program?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
6/22/2010
TV Technician: Chuck Williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician

Hi!

I noticed your question hasn't been answered yet, so I'll take a shot at it.

I can't tell you if the reason you cannot play the ACC files is because it's not a PC compatible file, but that's certtainly a good guess.

But if you are going to convert the ACC files and you want the best audio fidelity (and you have the disc space), instead of converting them to MP3 files, consider converting them to WAV files. A WAV file is essentially what a Compact Disc is, and is essentially uncompressed. MP3's are great for general purpose music files, and that should certainly work, but they are not considered a really high fidelity audio file.

As for a program to convert the files, there are lots of programs that will do this, I use Sony Sound Forge, which you can see Here. It does a lot of things you may not be interested in, I use mine in converting vinyl to digital and editing out the surface noise, but it will certainly convert your ACC files to any of very many formats, including MP3 and WAV. You can also play and edit ACC files on your PC.

Hope that helps, let me know if there's anything else I can help you with, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Chuck

Good Evening,

Since my note, I did some research. The issue is that Tivo can only play certain file formats. I will check to see if WAVE is one. Unfortunately, M4P, iTunes latest format is not one. Will the Sony Sound Forge convert M4P files? I did not see this listed in the product description.

Thanks,

Chris

Sorry, Cris, M4P is a new one on me (perhaps it's MP4??).

Anyway, WAV files have been around as long as Compact Discs have, and is a PC (as opposed to Mac) audio staple, and I'm quite certain that TiVo will have zero problem with WAV fles, not to mention ist's a high quality audio file type, if a somewhat memory hogging one.

Chuck

Good Evening,

M4P is apparently a new file format designed by iTunes to copyright protect files. There appear to be some programs on the web to handle conversion, unfortunately Sony Forge is not one. I downloaded a trial copy, and it would not recongize the format.

I appreciate your effort to help.

Chris

Best of luck to you!

Chuck