Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have sound, but no picture Lot # 127121XHT071255 Manf Jun

Customer Question

I have sound, but no picture
Lot # XXXXX
Manf Jun 07
Date Code 7F25
I have cable and hooke another TV up to cable and it works fine
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

have no other devices, only cable

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 8 years ago.

If you press the menu button on the tv itself, does the menu show?

Tim

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It does not
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 8 years ago.

There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $350

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $400-$500 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Lastly you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $800 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I falied to mention, last night when my granddaughter was here. She used the remote to turn the TV off, and it did not go off, so I had to hit "TV" button and then the OFF button. Does this give you any additional info, that might be useful.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately not, this is most likely a coincidence...If the tv is on and you press the menu button on the tv itself and the menu does not show up...then there is definitely an internal failure. There is nothing that you could do to that tv to cause the menu to not come up.

Let me know if you have any more question, i will be happy to help!

Thanks,

Tim