TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i turned my tv on today it goes straight to a menu. it starts…

Customer Question
i turned my tv on...
i turned my tv on today it goes straight to a menu. it starts with "toshiba color tv, advanced technology for exciting home thearter" then it goes to this big menu with, picture, adio, set up, preference,closed caption options all listed and it automatically goes through all the options on every catagory then it says this "program has been blocked!, recieved rating, exceeeds set limit, push mute botton to enter pin." and i have turned it off and on. pushed the menu botton turned the channel and moved around the menu myself and it wont stop... what can i do to fix this??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/20/2010
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, it would appear that the Toshiba has entered into a DEMO Mode. Depending on the model, there would be a DEMO button near the MENU button. In some instances, the DEMO button may be stuck, try snapping / flicking at it to dislodge or spray through the narrow gap with a can of compressed air.

Should that not be corrective, please determine the model number which is normally printed on a name tag at the rear of the TV; something like 36A43.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 6/20/2010 at 5:19 PM EST