TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have a 42 inch lcd tv. it is less than a year old and not…

Customer Question
i have a 42 inch...
i have a 42 inch lcd tv.
it is less than a year old and not used that much
it has a wii, dish network and dvd player hooked up to it
while watching the tv is suddenly goes to total very loud static and then the screen goes white and asks for an update.
i downloaded the update to a usb and when i plug that in it will be ok again for a while.Although i have to unplug it from the wall and plug it in to get it to turn back on.
Please help it is driving me nuts!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/20/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
This is a bad SSB board have done many of them
for this reason
Philips no longer fixes these tv's
anything with a /27
is a legacy product and no longer field servicable
if you bought it less than a year ago
call philips
they will exchange it outright