TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 42 Sanyo DP42848 LCD 1080P HDTV. It was working…

Customer Question
I have a 42" Sanyo...
I have a 42" Sanyo DP42848 LCD 1080P HDTV. It was working fine as of last night, using a dvd player, and direct tv. This morning, I turned it on, and the picture came up for about three seconds, then turned off, but the sound was still there. After checking all connections and resetting everything, it is still doing the same thing.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/20/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
If you get a pix for 3 secs and it goes out but the sound stays on?
thats an inverter /lamp failure
you either have a bad inverter board or a bad lamp in the lcd
the first problem is fixable
the second is NEW TV TIME
you will have to dissasemble and remove the back completly
then we can make some test
and observe what board or boards the tv may need
I am guessing this isn't something I can do myself? If this is something that is fixable, can you estimate what the repair bill would be?
There are 2 inverters the parts will run around 150.00
then the labor 100.00 or so

ID say between 250-300 is resonable
try here
http://www.tvrepairpros.com

put in your zip code
bring the tv to them and save service call charges