TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Ive got my direct tv hdmid to my sony av receiver which connects…

Customer Question
I've got my direct tv...
I've got my direct tv hdmi'd to my sony av receiver which connects via hdmi to the samsung hdmi 1. When I hit my input selection toggle, the hdmi connection isnt listed.

Lastnight we had a big storm so I unplugged all components. This made the directv receiver reset itself which could be a problem. which could possibly affect it.

Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/20/2010
TV Technician: Chuck Williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician

Hi!

Restting the Direc TV receiver is actually a good idea whenever you have any odd HDMI issues.

If you plug the HDMI from the box directly intop the TV, does it work?

Chuck

I disconnected the hdmi from both sides, turned it off & back on twice it then it worked... no idea why..

That's not surpirsing. Sounds like a typical HDMI handshake issue.

The next time this happens (and there will be a next time), unplugging the power cord from the HDMI source and the TV for 30 seconds and plugging them back in will usually fix it.

Is there anything else I can do for you?

If you found my advice helpful, would you mind clicking the Accept icon so that I may be paid for my time? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Chuck