TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 5-6 year old Sony XBR 50 HDTV. I go to turn it on.

Customer Question
I have a 5-6 year...
I have a 5-6 year old Sony XBR 50" HDTV. I go to turn it on. I am getting a continual three red blinking lights on the power button. After a minute, the TV shuts off. I have unplugged the TV, same results. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/20/2010
TV Technician: Joe, Electronic Tech replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Electronic Tech

Three blinks - B+ over voltage protection (OVP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 3 blink fault. This is also a problem in the power supply circuit, check T603 and R672.

Is this something that I can repair or does it need to be made by a technician? If by a technician, is it an expensive repair?
You are looking at around 350 to 450 on repairs. Yes a tech should take care of it for you. You can Call Sears.