TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony Triniton 36

Customer Question
" TV. Been having trouble...
I have a Sony Triniton 36 " TV. Been having trouble getting it to turn on, so we've been just leaving it on and muting it in the middle of the night. We lost power last night due to heavy thunderstorms, and haven't been able to get it to come on all day. Any suggestions? My Husband seems to think it has something to do with the Stand By light that keeps flashing when we try to turn it on?
for Your Payment to Just Answer!
InboxX Hello, Is anyone there?

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/19/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

It's about 6 years old, Model # XXXXX XXXXX

About 99% of the time this problem is caused by two IC's in your model. These parts control the regulation circuit of the power supply and must be replaced to fix your set. This is a delicate and dangerous job best left to a professional. If you have a repairman fix this for you, you can expect a bill of around $250-$350 to repair this set.

However if you have electronic repair experience, test equipment and know how to solder very well, then I will be more than happy to help you repair this set.

I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, but unfortunately it will require component replacement to get it running again. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

I don't have electronic repair experience, but my Son does, however right now he's not home. Can we get back with someone tomorrow when he's here?

Yes of course, just let me know when he is around I will be happy to help him.

He must be able to solder very well and have a good knowledge of electronics because this set produces tens of thousands of volts to feed the tube.

let me know when he is here.

Tim

How will I get in touch with you, specifically?

Just Answer should have sent you an email, in that email is a link to your question. If you keep that email and click the link in it- it will bring you back to this page. I will then respond ASAP if I am not around I will get to you as soon as I am available.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Tim