TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2005 HL-R5078WX/XAA tv. The color wheel broke when…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 HL-R5078WX/XAA...
I have a 2005 HL-R5078WX/XAA tv. The color wheel broke when it apparently hit the small circuit board that is part of the assembly, which looks to have dislodged after heating up enough to be discolored along with the wire harness plugged into it. $106. for new one, and picture comes on for only a couple seconds, then, lamp and standby temp flashes. all fans seem to be ok. What would be my next best step to find a solution? Rick
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/20/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
so you changed the color wheel?
yes, I have been an a/c & heating tech for 27 years, so, I do have some mechanical and trouble- shooting background. However, I do not have availability of the warning codes, and if problem is in circuit board, then i'm lost.
ok lets review
you changed the color wheel
did you put the tv back together
or are you trying to run it with the back cover off?