TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I HAVE A TV MODEL 31GT720. I CANNOT STABILIZE ONE CHANEL, TV…

Customer Question
I HAVE A TV MODEL...
I HAVE A TV MODEL 31GT720. I CANNOT STABILIZE ONE CHANEL, TV IS SWITCHING ALL THE CHANELS ALL THE TIME, AND THE FRONT PANEL BUTTONS IS NOT WORKING, JUST THE ON/OFF BUTTON. ALSO, THE TV IS NOT RESPONDING TO THE REMOTE CONTROL. WHAT SHOULD I DO? THANK YOU.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/19/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Most commonly this is caused by a faulty control board (the board with all the buttons on the front of the TV)

The the way to repair this is to replace all the switches on the control board, this is done by unsolder and re soldering all the new switches in. A repairman will do this for $200-$225.

If you can solder and use a meter I can assist you with this repair, otherwise you would need a repairman at this point?

Please let me know if you want to try this yourself, or if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan