TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Good Morning,I have a samsung 56 inch DLPTV Model #HCR5667WX/XAA.The…

Customer Question
Good Morning, I have a Samsung...
Good Morning,
I have a Samsung 56 inch DLPTV Model #HCR5667WX/XAA.
The other night my wife was watching a Blu-Ray movie and the screen went blank with the power the button saying Timer / Lamp on top in green and Standby / Temp on bottom in red flashing.
She connected with our local Best Buy Geek Guys on the phone and they told her it was most likely the lamp would need to be replaced. We then found and bought a new lamp online. I installed it last night, following the simple directions in the Instruction Manual.
We went to power the unit up and it states the same as before. What can I do next as the wife isn't to happy without her nice Samsung TV.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
6/20/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?

- How did the old lamp look when you took it out?

-Are the lights on the front EXACTLY the same now as they were before you changed the lamp?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Tim,

The Samsung is about 4 years old.

After I replaced the lamp the front read exactly the same as before.

I have since checked to see if both lamps light up and they do.

The cooling fan seemed to be dusty so I blew canned air at it to remove the dust build up by the fan unit. I had the lamp out when I did this. Still haviong the issues as before.

Thank

There are a couple of things that can cause this. Please tell me a little more about your situation so I know where to go with my answer.

What kind of information are you looking for? Trying to fix this yourself or get a good idea of what's wrong and what it will cost?

If you are trying to repair this yourself, what kind of electronic repair experience do you have, do you know how to use a meter and solder?

Please let me know!

Thanks,

Tim