TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Im trying to set up a DR570. Im fairly sure the connections…

Customer Question
I'm trying to set up...
I'm trying to set up a DR570. I'm fairly sure the connections are right, the cable channels are appearing on the TV. However, it's the TV remote that changes them. At initial setup I pressed the ON button & then turned on the TV. I never got an initial setup screen. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/19/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What remote do you want to change them?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

I'm trying to connect a Toshiba recorder (burns DVDs) to a new Philips TV. I've connected the cable from the wall to the "in" of the recorder, the "out" of the recorder to the "in" of the tv, the red/white/yellow from the "out" of the recorder to the"in of the tv. Quoting Toshiba's manual: "Press (I/O ON STANDBY). Before: Turn the TV on. Select the input to which the unit is connected." I turn on the recorder, then the TV. The initial language screen is supposed to appear, then the channel preset type. Doesn't happen.The up/down/select arrows on recorder's remote don't do anything. By using the channel up/downs I can access a display of L1,L2,L3. Input Select displays L1,L2,L3,2-1. The recorder also displays ON, OFF,Load. Tried Setup, Menu,Display--no response. "DTV" will also display on the recorder but doesn't make a difference.Can you help me get the recorder to talk to the TV? Thanks, Carol

Does your tv display other devices properly? (dvd player, cable, ect?)

Tim