TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My plasma made a pop sound then the screen went black. Sound…

Customer Question
My plasma made a 'pop'...
My plasma made a 'pop' sound then the screen went black. Sound still comes out- do plasma screens have a fuse to prevent overload?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/19/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

(Please click on high lighted words) this is my sample may not be the same model but doesn't matter the technology is the same.

Would like for you to take your meter and place it on DC voltage the positive end on every connector that says a voltage and the negative wire to the panel this is the best ground. Turn on and see if the voltage is present at the VS, VA, V-scan, According to the Label. Also if a voltage is missing remove each board from the power supply to make sure they are not holding down the voltage If you don't find one that's trying to climb, or shows close to what it should be, another method is to locate a short circuit place meter on ohms or beep test follow same procedure no voltage should be shorted to ground. And this is the problem. You can unplug each board one at a time, Starting with the Y-SUS then the Z-SUS.

Friend this is a very common problem with plasma. Within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones

Normally the parts for this unit is a kit Y-SUSTAIN AND Z-SUSTAIN BOARD, this is what most manufacturers would want you to do, purchase them. But go to high lighted words and go through all the voltage checks to find the bad part, here is also a chart that should help a lot, also this is a picture that will help with identity.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks Simplified click here

I am very confused by this answer- it doesn't make much sense. I asked a very specific question but the answer did not address it. I WILL NOT pay for this answer- please send a confirmation that my account is closed and that no money was charged to my credit card.
I can but didn't you have intensions on fixing your tv?? or something else,, this is how you repair your set if you needed guidance then ask,, Whats your intensions sir?