TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV wont turn on from standby, however keeps turning itself…

Customer Question
TV won't turn on from...
TV won't turn on from standby, however keeps turning itself on and off constantly when plugged in but screen won't show picture.
it is a 46" LCD 1080p approx 3 years old.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/19/2010
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Anthony Pr :

Hello Welcome

Do you have any soldering skills at all?
This problem is usually failure of bad electrolytic capacitors on the powerboard

Let me know

Anthony

Customer:

unfortunately not. Should we get someone to come repair it then?

Anthony Pr :

Hello again

Anthony Pr :

OK this is an australian set so I cant give you another option that is to replace the whole powerboard as I dont know of any suppliers in oz

What you could do is have a look at the part number on the powerboard and google it, the powerboard will be easy to find as it has the powercord going to it, on that board with a sticky label should be a number that may start BP**-*****

Anthony Pr :

The powerboard is very easy to replace a few plugs and sockets and screws holding it to the chassis

Anthony Pr :

If you dont want to do this i'm afraid a technician is your only option here

Anthony Pr :

Hope this helps

Anthony Pr :

Anthony

Anthony Pr :

PS Please don't forget to press accept (if my answer has been of assistance)and leave positive feedback for me as this is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee for my time once again Thank You and Good Luck!