TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just purchased a Samsung DVD Recorder/VCR Combo unit and…

Customer Question
I just purchased a Samsung...
I just purchased a Samsung DVD Recorder/VCR Combo unit and contacted technical services for assistance. The technician said since the DVD unit did not have a co-ax output for connection to the TV I would have to contact Sylvania to see how to change the TV "input" and possibly make the DVD unit work. The TV is an old one - Model #6419TC. Can you help me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
6/20/2010
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, please postback with the model number of the Samsung DVD/VCR combo.

Offhand, consider using a TV RF Modulator. This device would accept the audio & video outputs of the Samsung DVD/VCR combo (yellow, red & white) and convert them into a simulated TV channel (3 or 4) that could then be connected through coaxial cable to the Sylvania 6419TC. Please click here for an example from RadioShack.

Alternately, the VIDEO & AUDIO jacks at the front of the Sylvania TV maybe used (if nothing is currently connected to it). The VIDEO would have to be connected to the yellow jack VIDEO OUT of the Samsung while the AUDIO to the Samsung's white (L) AUDIO OUT jack. On the Sylvania's original remote, the GAME button would have to be pressed to enable Video Mode.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 6/20/2010 at 5:05 AM EST
Once I realized that your experts do not work for Sylvania (Funai Electronics), I called Funai Technical Support and was told to press the GAME button on the television set, as suggested in your alternate suggestion. Their response was given immediately. Your primary suggestion would have cost me additional money and would not have been necessary had your "experts" been more technically savvy. After following Funai advice, I was able to start using my new DVD recorder. I will reluctantly accept your answer; however, I will NOT recommend that any of my friends or Internet contacts use your services.
I understand.

Edited by Benimur on 6/23/2010 at 1:16 AM EST