TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My g/f and I recently got her parents 2002 Mitsubishi WS55909…

Customer Question
My g/f and I recently...
My g/f and I recently got her parents' 2002 Mitsubishi WS55909 tv given to us. I own 3 sets of blue red and green cables and non of these cables will do anything but give me a blue screen. Frustrated with trying to get the picture to come on I used a couple of sets of red white and yellow a/v cables to get the directv box to work and the dvd box to work. I'm using these temporarily until I can get the HD to work. Any ideas? I've tried all 3 sets with no luck. I wish this thing had HDMI.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/18/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
where are you hooking up the cables on the back of the tv?
and you will need 5 of them
Since sending the question I realized that I needed to plug into the DTV area on the back of the TV to get an HD picture. So now I get an HD picture on the TV with my Directv box hooked to it. This didn't make sense to me since it said 480p 480i on the label.

My dilemma now is that I want to hook up my DVD player and those were the only spots on DTV that I can plug into. The only way I can get a picture with proper colors is with Audio Video cables. I was hoping to get a slightly better picture than that.
The DVD player player only puts out 480p at best so you can use the other component inputs for that just fine
the tv does not have hdmi
so you cant use an upconverting dvd player anyways
the DTV jack accepts all resolutions up to 720p
the other jacks will only do 480p thats fine for your dvd player
unless its blueray..
then you can buy an external switch and share the DTV jack