Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

hi i have a 50 inch LG lcd tv we have moved it as it was on

Customer Question

hi i have a 50 inch LG lcd tv>we have moved it as it was on the wall to the tv unit having put the base on> we have never had any problems with it . its about 9 months old>when my husband set it up now that its on the siound, there is a constant humming noise with a second pauce after about 10 seconds> it just continuous> even when u pit tv on mute this loud buzzing noise id there. picture qualitr is normal as is the sound quaality but you cant watch a programme on th etv as this humming noise is very loud and wont stop> pls help. my email address [email protected]
Category: TV
Expert:  Chuck Williams replied 8 years ago.

Hi!

So this humming is coming from the back of the TV, not the speakers, correct?

Does the sound get louder on bright scenes than on dark scenes?

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Williams on 6/19/2010 at 4:23 PM EST