TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

a 1 year old 46 inch polaroid tv went black. changing remote…

Customer Question
a 1 year old 46...
a 1 year old 46 inch polaroid tv went black. changing remote batteries and checking all connections produced no results. circuit is ok. this is my technophobe father in laws set and i don't know if there is any pilot error that could have caused this crash. tried reset with power button (7 second hold down before retry) with no response
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Do you have any power lights on the set ?

Do you hear a clicking from the rear of the set when you try to turn it on ?

No lights on set no clicks from behind they were watching and it went dead. Unplugging and replugging got momentary response then died again.