TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I own a Olevia LCD television, 37 . When I press the power…

Customer Question
I own a Olevia LCD...
I own a Olevia LCD television, 37". When I press the power button by remote or the power button on the television set itself it does not come the majority of the time. The power indicator light just flashes on and off. When it does come on, it stays on for awhile and then the screen goes blank.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/18/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Chances are there is a problem with the power supply board in the TV.

The only thing I would suggest is to leave it unplugged for 24hrs then try turning it on again. This has the effect of discharging all of the capacitors within the unit, and effectively soft rebooting the unit.

What to do next depends entirely on whether you want to try and fix it at home, and have a good multimeter and are comfortable with soldering. If you are then let me know and I'll tell you what to look for. Otherwise you'd be best off taking it to a local electronics repair shop.

Typically the some of the capacitors on the board can go faulty.

Alternatively, if you have had it for less than a year, take it back to the place you bought it from and have them deal with it.

Hope this helps