TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hi, I have a 50 Magnovox HDTV that all of a sudden when I…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 50"...
Hi, I have a 50" Magnovox HDTV that all of a sudden when I turn it on, it goes off. We unplugged it a couple of different days, and it kind of re-booted (just a guess) and came on, now it just goes off again and I can't find the manual or I'd look up the problem myself. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/18/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

This is a very simple approach.

(Please click on high lighted words)

Friend this is a very common problem with LCD and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones,graphic

Whoops, I think I replied in the wrong place, anyway, I'd like to know where to find the power supply capacitors and I'm assuming I can replace them myself, and also need to know where to purchase them. Thanks for your help.
Radio shack and you can if you have a soldering iron,, And just look at all boards you will tell if any caps are bad or not,, focus on the board that has the AC cord (power supply) but check first before we go through all of this and its not the issue