TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The stand by light on my 51 projection screen is flashing…

Customer Question
The stand by light on...
The stand by light on my 51" projection screen is flashing and the screen will not come on. The lgith flasking in intervals of 9. What can I do that won't cost me and arm and a leg to fix it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/18/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

This repair isn't expensive should cost,, around 200.00 does depend on the shop friend,,

Nine blinks - Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the "G" board, do not resolder as this will fix the problem temporary. Or Panel Module Error or Thermal Error. If it is intermittent 9 blinks, meaning sometimes the TV comes on and other times you get flashing, then change the switching regulator on the "G" board or check connections. Make sure the regulator is -12 or -13 (negative).