TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

tv will not turn on - stays on stand by then shuts off- any…

Customer Question
tv will not turn on...
tv will not turn on - stays on stand by then shuts off- any tricks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/18/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
What kind of tv ?
Make and Moidel?
Sony HD tv where do I find the model number 40 inch
on the back
Is there any blinking lights on the front ?

Maybe the model number is XXXXX

Blinking green light on standby light on front then goes off and red light is on.

Thanks

is the red light blinking at you ?
count the blinks
thats a good model number
Red light is continuously blinking at me
iy should be a pattern
Ex
bl bl bl--------bl bl bl-------bl bl bl-------(3)
i dont see a pattern could it be a cable problem
no
what light is on is it the power light or is it next to the power light ?

next to the ower light- it says standby/power

then shuts off and goes to red blinking light

There has to be a code
it has to blink then pause then blink again then pause and so son
if you cant read the code
You will have to call for service as I wont be able to able to help you
i will call thanks
Go here
http://www.tvrepairpros.com

put in your zip code

Edited by Anthony's TV on 6/18/2010 at 2:23 AM EST