TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought a 32 Vizio EcoTv last month. It seems that the volume…

Customer Question
I bought a 32" Vizio...
I bought a 32" Vizio EcoTv last month. It seems that the volume is all over the place. While watching a show the volume will become barely audible and then we turn up the volume and it will stay fine for a while, then become very loud, and return to barely audible... Is this an issue with my tv or my cable connection? Is this a problem that has been reported before with this product? Thank you-
Liana Murray
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/17/2010
TV Technician: TVGURU, Technician replied 8 years ago
TVGURU
TVGURU, Technician
Hi there Liana, and thank you for using Just Answer. What you are actually experiencing is most likely a feature built into your TV called SRS TruVolume. This is a feature when the TV detects volume changes and tries to adjust to your preferred listening level. The theory is, you adjust your TV once, and as the volume fluctuates, the TV will adjust the volume level to your preferred setting. As you have no doubt learned, the technology doesn't work too well. I would recommend you disable the feature and see if your viewing experience improves. Press your menu button on the Vizio remote control, then choose audio, then choose advanced audio, the choose SRS TruVolume and turn it off. This should make life a lot better. If you need further assistance please let me know. You can always ask a question related to this topic after clicking accept. Please click the green accept button below and consider leaving positive feedback. Also, bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. Michael
Hi again Liana, thank you for reviewing my answer. Is there anything further I may be able to assist you with? If not, kindly click the accept button below and please consider leaving positive feedback. Thank you. Michael.