TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I tried to turn on my tv this morning and all it will do is…

Customer Question
I tried to turn on...
I tried to turn on my tv this morning and all it will do is keep clicking and clicking. I have tried unpugging it and plugging it back in but it will not work. The tv is only 2 years old and was working fine last night.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/16/2010
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi and thank you for asking justanswer.

To answer your question;

The problem your tv has is associated with the power supply board.

Some components have gone faulty,

Most of the time for the symptoms you described it will be capacitors that need to be replaced.

If you plan on fixing this yourself let me know and i could give you an idea of which parts to replace or help you find another power supply board.

How much are these parts going to cost. 1) If we fix it or 2)if a repair man fixes it. Thanks

Hi again

The part itself(power supply board) cost between150 and 200$ depending on where you get it from.

So going from there you could expect a 300$ in home repair.

Or if you feel handy with a soldering iron , it could cost you less than 10$

But there is another option that would be sensible.

You could take the board to a repair shop and have the faulty component(s) replaced.

This should bring you in between the 10$ and 150$ for the cost of the board.