TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

my lcd tv fb3 board is getting very hot what would cause that…

Customer Question
my lcd tv fb3 board...
my lcd tv fb3 board is getting very hot what would cause that to happen it also has a flashing orange light on fb3 that continually flashes
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/16/2010
TV Technician: Chuck Williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician

Hi!

It gets hot because there is lots of processing going on on the board for the ATSC (HD) tuner. This is normal. Why it has to get hot is a mystery to me, but all ATSC tuner circuits from all manufacturers seem to run very warm. Some even have cooling fans.

The blinking light is called the "heartbeat" indicator, and again, that's normal.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Chuck