TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a mitsubishi wd-52725 and its about 3 years old. I…

Customer Question
I have a mitsubishi wd-52725...
I have a mitsubishi wd-52725 and it's about 3 years old. I have never changed the lamp and not gotten the message on the t.v. Now I turn the t.v. on and the picture starts clear, but within a minute or two you start to see green fleck like static. And it get's worse by the minute. Do you know what caused this or is it the lamp?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/15/2010
TV Technician: Steve, Technician replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Technician
Hello, if you have not changed the lamp since you bought the TV: you either have not used the TV very much, or you have a very good lamp. Usually 1-1/2 - 2 years is an average life for these lamps (normal usage). A failing lamp will not cause the green static, though.

If you view other inputs, such as a DVD player, do you see the green static? Also, if you display the TV menu, is the static in the menu?
The static still occurs with the vcr on and the menu display. Also, the t.v. is a wd-62725, not the 52725 if that makes any difference.
Hi, thank you. Both models are basically the same (electronically) except for the optics to make the larger picture on the WD-62725.

Concerning the green static... does the static seem to jump around the screen in different spots, or does each "fleck" stay in the same place? Do they seem to roll, or scroll across the screen? Knowing this will help determine the section that is causing the problem...
I have solved the problem. Thank - you
That's very good news! If I can help at all in the future, just let me know.

Do you wish for me to simply close this question, so that you may use your deposit for another question later? Your question can be in this or any other category...

Or, would you rather I request a refund for you? Just let me know and I can help with this.