TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hi, Model #LT 46246 After turning on TV I am not able to…

Customer Question
Hi, Model #LT 46246 After...
Hi, Model #LT 46246
After turning on TV I am not able to change channel for about 45 seconds after TV has been off a few hours.
Have 'DISH' satellite service.

Thank You
Stuart
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/16/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

Does this tv have a dedicated satellite reciever?

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Yes dedicated satellite receiver. TV bought about 10 months ago.

Well the tv has nothing to do with changing the channels at that point then...the receiver is doing all of that work..so the good news is that the tv would not be the problem as long as I am understanding what you are saying...

If I do and you just cannot control the channels through the dish box for the first 45 then the first thing I would do is reset the box.

My favorite way to reset them is to:

Turn the tv and box on so you have a picture and sound

Then while it is on unplug the box from the wall

let it sit 10 minutes

plug it back in and let it boot up.

If you cannot get to the plug then you can always press the reset button on the front of the box, normally where you put your card in at but I would recommend you do it the above way.

If that does not solve your problem then you will need to call DISH and have them swap out the box. See the tv is just displaying the signal that the box is sending it, it is not actually tuning the channels, this is all done inside the box. So if you cannot change channels I do believe is it the box.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan