TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a model 62HM15A and the tv plays for a while and then…

Customer Question
I have a model 62HM15A...
I have a model 62HM15A and the tv plays for a while and then a green light flashes next to the off and on button that says timer rec and the tv turns off. How do i shut of this timer rec?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/16/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How long does it play before it shuts off?

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

We have had company from out of town and I believe they must have activated a record system on the TV we have never used. Yesterday the TV had this problem for several hours and then worked fine last night. I do not know how to deactivate this timer record. I did not know this TV would record. We have Direct TV and the DVR functions and records our shows; but you cannot watch the shows on the Toshiba TV because it will not turn on just flashes the green timer record light. Last night around 7 PM I tried the TV again and it worked fine no green light. I have pussed all the buttons I could think of on the TV control, which we do not use, but our company must have and have not been able to find a record setting I can turn off.

While the Timer record button is flashing we cannot use the WII game counsel the TV remains black, we cannot view our DVD's as we have no picture.

How long will the tv play before it shuts down with this light?

Tim