TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 18 month old Samsung 46 in plasma out of nowhere developed…

Customer Question
My 18 month old Samsung...
My 18 month old Samsung 46 in plasma out of nowhere developed a thin black horizonal line about 6 inches fron the bottom, obviously the pixels are missing..............about 2 weeks later another parellel line appeared about 1 centimeter above the other line...I am just sick about this..
Is there anything that can be done?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

Picture of plasma and operation

When you open the image picture number 7 and 8 are examples of these buffer boards, Ok friend you have a driver board failing if you would open the set and were the line starts there are boards that go across the top or bottom of the unit the board that's above the line is the problem. open the ribbon cables make sure it doesn't touch any metal turn set on and make sure you are on the right connection, sometimes cleaning this will fix problem sometimes soldering will fix problem and last resort is the board itself is bad or the panel Now you should be able to repair.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts on trying to help you save on those large labor charges are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks.