TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We lost the sound all of a sudden for no apparent reason.

Customer Question
I swapped out the HMDI...
We lost the sound all of a sudden for no apparent reason. I swapped out the HMDI cable with no success.
Any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/15/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

First try a different input other than HDMI,, Also pull the plug on the cable box for 90secs,,

Hi Rick,

I unplugged the cable box. While I was waiting for the box to boot up, I found the cables (red, blue, green and white, red) and plugged them into the cable box and the TV.

The sound came back when the TV booted up. Yea!!!! So, I disconnected the red, blue, green and white, red cables.

I was going to ask you to help me wire up our DVD/Video player which has not been used since we got this TV, but I figured it out myself.

So, I guess you solved our problem. Pull the plug for 90 sec.

Thank you.

your welcome please press the accept button