TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchased a 42 Sony Bravia LCD 3 months ago. The last 3…

Customer Question
I purchased a 42" Sony...
I purchased a 42" Sony Bravia LCD 3 months ago. The last 3 days the tv powers itself on and off on it's own. The problem stops once i pull the power cord and turn everything on again, just a while ago it happened again but this time i let go on to see how long it would go on for. It stopped doing it after 5 minutes, now it's running normally.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/15/2010
TV Technician: euro-pro llc, Technician replied 8 years ago
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician

I will try to help you with this question.

The new Sony LCD tvs may need to have the firmware updated.

This firmware is like the operating system for your computer,controlling the whole way the tv operates.

There have been known issues with these firmwares ,some of the tvs having this issue(turn on and off by itself).

Based on the model# XXXXX firmware will be different,as well the installation procedures.

Please use the link below,to check if any firmware is available for your tv set.

If any available,please download and install accordingly to the instructions.

http://esupport.sony.com/CA/perl/select-system.pl?region_id=3&Change_Template=1&session_id=f2285c19649390d2db27fc23fc0b884a&DIRECTOR=DRIVER&PRODTYPE=35%2C34%2C36%2C12%2C58

If no firmware is available,or the new firmware does not fix this issue,then the tv set will need to be serviced.

Since it is only 3 months old,Sony will fix it for you at no charge whatsoever.

Please use the link below to set up a repair for this tv set.

http://www.sonystyle.ca/html/locator/locator.html

Possible the main board is defective and it will need to be replaced.

Sony will replace the part at no cost to you,also shipping label will be provided ,in case there is no So ny authorized service center in your area.

I hope this will help,

Please ,accept my answer if you are satisfied and will be able to leave a positive feedback.

Thank you and have a great day!