TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hey guys I am at work and my wife has just phoned me to tell…

Customer Question
Hey guys I am at work...
Hey guys
I am at work and my wife has just phoned me to tell me that our 40'' Samsung LCD
TV comes up with the words #Check fan 1# XXXXX turns itself off
Model - LA40A75OR1FXXY
TV only 14 months old
Can you please tell me what i need to do.
Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/15/2010
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 8 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

Well, there's a fan inside your TV set that keeps the board cool, it has stopped spinning....

The problem I have is that I can tell you what needs to be fixed, but I can't find a part supplier for you, due to the fact that you are in Australia. You may have to use your search engine and search for "Samsung TV parts" and see if you find a supplier. If not, order one direct from a Samsung Authorized servicer.

Also, your correct Model number is LA40A750R1 the O was blocking your model, it's an 0

There's only one fan in your TV set, so it's pretty obvious which one needs to be replaced, and these fans feed back a signal to the main board so the micro can monitor it. When it stops, you get the message your wife saw.

In most cases, cleaning it doesn't fix the problem, so I suggest replacing it.

I hope you find a parts supplier over there, if you do I'd love to get the website so I can help more Australians with their TV problems.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you.