TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have a sony bravia flat sceen. when tv is turned on it has…

Customer Question
i have a sony bravia...
i have a sony bravia flat sceen. when tv is turned on it has a good picture for ruffly 10 minutes, than the picture looks like the colors run together what can i do to fix this problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/15/2010
TV Technician: Chuck Williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician

Hi!

When you unplug the TV and plug it back in, will it immediately turn back on and run normally for another 10 minutes or dsoes it have to cool down first?

Also, I need the full model number of the set, it will begin with a "K".

Chuck

thank you for your response. i just unplugged the tv and plugged it back in the color still runs together . I also checked the cable connections the are all tight . I also moved another tv into room and it works fine? The model number you requested is KLV-S32A10 . Ok my wife just down graded the cable, she took the HD box out and put in a smaller box that looks like a radar detectorSmile does this tv have to be connected the a HD box or is this just a coincidence?

This TV should be connected to an HD box for best picture, of course, but the low def box will certainly work.

But your model number isn't familiar to me. Is this a US model number? Can you double check it for me?

Chuck

KLV-S32A10 it does not specify a US model No. however it says it made in Mexico

Right, I got it.

So the TV has to cool down before these lines go away, correct?

If you press the TV's MENU button (not a cable box menu), does the menu look OK or does it show this problem?

Chuck

well it does not have lines in the picture the best i can describe it is the colors are running together or like a blurry picture. I dont think its a heat problem i watch the basketball game and after it was on for awhile the picture came in good than awhile later it changed back. its hard to tell if picture is better when going to menu on the tv it still has some pink in it

If you go into the user menu and turn the COLOR control all the way to zero, do you get a black and white picture or is it still pink?

Chuck

black and white with pink tint

OK, try this again when the set is working normally, and see if you get the pink tint.

Chuck

ok thank you for your help i will let you know tomorrow

Great, and also double check the TV's menu and see if you can detect any abnormal look about it.

Chuck