TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a mitsubishi ws 65809 tv, after about two hours it turns…

Customer Question
I have a mitsubishi ws...
I have a mitsubishi ws 65809 tv, after about two hours it turns off, but no waiting just turn it back on and it goes again for about the same time, but when i take the rear panel off and point a small fan in at the power supply board it will run contiuously for 11 hours non stop before I turn it off
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/15/2010
TV Technician: Chuck Williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician

Hi!

Very odd, these sets don't usually do this.

The next time it happens, before you just turn it back on, press the INPUT and MENU buttons on the front panel together and hold them down for at least 6 seconds. This should cause the front LED to flash a 2 digit code. If it flashes once, then twice, then pauses and repeats, it means that the TV's computer didn't detect a problem.

Let me know what that 2 digit code is.

Chuck

After it shuts off and I push both buttons the green light blinks twice(2) then three(3), over and over, thanks, Dave

OK, a 2-3 error code means tha tthe set lost horizontal deflection.

You mentioned that if you put a fan near the power supply, it lasts much longer. %The power supply is on the center main board, but the deflection circuits are on the board on the right, as seen from the back.

What I want you to try is turning the set on when it's cold, and take the butt of a screwdriver and start tapping firmly, but not too hard, on various components on these two boards. On the Power Board (the center board), don't bother going much further than the power supply portion, which is toward the back of the set. See if you can cause the set to shut down. Be sure to check the error code each time it shuts down to make sure it's still a 2-3 code.

Let me know what you find!