TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am attempting to hook up a toshiba DVD. I have three wires…

Customer Question
I am attempting to hook...
I am attempting to hook up a toshiba DVD. I have three wires coming from the TV. I have tried every combination to hool up the wires(RCA Plugs). when I push PLAY the screen says loading , the timer starts, but the DVD does not play. What else might I try?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
TV Technician: Chuck Williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician

Hi!

Are you saying that you see the "Loading" message on the TV screen, but otherwise nothing?

Chuck

No,

The "loading" is on the dvd window.

OK, are you trying to use just the yellow-red-white connections between the player and the TV?

What TV do you have, and are you sure the TV is set to that yellow red white video input?

Chuck

Samsung 32

Where is the colored input?

You'd need to look on the back of the TV and tell me what the label is over the input jack, and also verify that it's the yellow-red-white inoput or if it's something else.

Most DVD players today also have red-green-blue outputs (along with the red and white jacks for the audio), and if your samsung is an HDTV, it will have those, too, and that's the best way to connect the player.

But let's make sure we can at least get ther player to work first.

Chuck

I am confused. I do not know where we are or what I am supposed to do.

Sorry, I'm not sure how better to describe it.

You say you have three wires coming from the TV, what input on the TV are they connected to, and what are the colors of the female jacks on the TV?

I have to go offline for a few hours, I'll be back later.

Chuck

The Tv is wall mounted and i connot get to the connections. The wires are not color coded.

Well, sorry, I certainly don't know what they're connected to, and obviously you're going to have to find that out.

Chuck