TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cant get a picture on our Olevia 23 ( ) flat screen TV.

Customer Question
I can't get a picture...
I can't get a picture on our Olevia 23" (?) flat screen TV. The on light comes on but not picture. Can you advise on what I need to do or recommend a repair shop. The TV is about five years old I believe, I bought it new from Sharper Image I think.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/14/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

I have no tv electronics experience, but I do have a couple of sons living in the area that may understand or have some electronic s skills. It would be available on their time when not working or at their convenience to come over and assist in the repair. I would not understand technical language. I don't have a meter or tools. What do you advise?
Did you receive my reply about no experience in technical tv skills?
ok do you have sound
no, only the red light stays on all the time.
ok well all i can do for you is to tell you to contact a local shop,,Let them know that you possibly need a main board or power supply,, i would suspect repairs to be around 1-150.00