TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 42 flat screen and it sometimes goes into big stripes…

Customer Question
I have a 42" flat...
I have a 42" flat screen and it sometimes goes into big stripes of nothing while watching it I was wondering if you might be able to help me
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/13/2010
TV Technician: ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech replied 8 years ago
ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech

Dear JA customer,

Thank you for your Just Answer question.

So that I may further assist you, I need some additional information.

Are the stripes vertical, and across the entire screen?

Can you see any menu?

Thanks

up and down all the way across the screen. . . . . . can't read any thing on the screen but you adjust the volume and you ccan see where that would be but not legible

Thank you.

There are several possibilities here including the Logic Controller, Vertical Buffer's and the PDP.

A common fault is the Logic Controller board, it addresses the vertical Scan Buffer IC's. An experienced technician would first inspect the ribbon cables and buffers for any burnt spots, if the cables are burnt then the PDP would be at fault. If no burnt spots are found, then reseat the ribbon cables to the Logic Controller board and replace as necessary.

You can view a picture of the Logic Controller board at this link. The exact one for your set would have to be matched with the part number on the board.

Thank you for using JA

We work on a commission as part of the deposit value, and welcome the opportunity to answer your question. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well as bonuses.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please click ACCEPT, thanks again.