TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

HAVE A FORTY-FOUR INCH FLAT SCREEN VIZIO PLASMA MONITOR. WHILE…

Customer Question
HAVE A FORTY-FOUR INCH FLAT...
HAVE A FORTY-FOUR INCH FLAT SCREEN VIZIO PLASMA MONITOR. WHILE WATCHING IT, I HEARD THREE POPS LIKE A 22 RIFE. THE SCREEN WENT BLANK. THE GREEN LED THAYED LITE.THE REMOTE NO LONGER WORKED TO CONTROL THE MONITOR. YOU CAN STILL TURN THE SET ON AND OFF WITH BUTTONS ON SET BUT NO PITCHER OR AUDIO. [email protected]
THANK-YOU
MAYLAND
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/13/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

MODEL NUMBER VISIO P50HDM

SERIAL NUMBER AHPBABBF 460433

NO DEVICE WAS IN USE AT THE TIME..

THANK-YOU

This is actually a common problem in your model and is well known for doing this. What has happened most likely is your Y or Z sustain board has failed and needs to be replaced; both of these are about the same price to have replaced as well. The average cost of replacement for these is $550+ tax, the repair price, however can vary depending on the part of the country you live in and the shop you call out. Sometimes smaller shops that are less dependable will charge less than the large outfits with big overhead costs. If you have electronic repair experience, and test equipment let me know and we can troubleshoot this together, however if you do not a repairman will be required. These sets are fragile and you MUST know what you are doing when repairing them or damage can be caused to them, or you!

This is an unfortunate problem because these televisions should last a lot longer than they do, however the age of them doesn't seem to affect this problem at all. We do warranty work for most of the major manufactures and I cannot tell you how many 1 week old televisions we have done major repairs on. Also the same problem that might have happened to one person's television at 1 week old might have happened to someone else's at 3 years old. These new sets are a shame to be honest with you, nothing is made the way they used to, or the way they should be for that matter. The average span of time for a new plasma or LCD television to last before its first major problem seems to be anywhere less than 3 years.

I am sorry that I do not have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, but this set will require board replacement in order to get it running again. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, I will be happy to assist in any way possible.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan