TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sony rear projection lcd tvs volume is extremely loud when…

Customer Question
My sony rear projection lcd...
My sony rear projection lcd tv's volume is extremely loud when we turn it on but normal after 10-15 min.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/13/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Tim,

Right know we had the tv for about 5 years. The only thing we are running is the cable box. When we first turn the tv on in the morning the volume extremely loud so we turn the volume down all the way and then there is no sound, but if we turn the volume 1 notch the tv screams loud. so every so often we check the volume and eventually the volume returns to normal after 10-15 min.

Lets try this first...

Turn the tv and the cable box on so you have a picture and some sort of sound

Then while they are both on, unplug both of them from the wall.

Let them sit 10 minutes

Plug them back in and try again.

let me know what happens here, also please do not press the accept button if this does not solve the problem as we need to continue working on your issue.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

I turned both the tv and the cable box on, after I got normal sound, I unplugged the tv and the cable box for 10 min. , I then plugged just the tv in and the volume just screamed. I turned the volume all the way down, plugged the cable box back in and waited to try the volume again. The volume went normal after about 5 mins.

Ok I have researched this for you and it appears that all audio control is done on the "A" board in your set. So most likely the failure is going to be in this board and it would need to be replaced. If you have this done professionally then you can expect to pay around $450-$550 for the repair.

I am sorry to bring bad news, I was hoping for a quick and easy fix like the reset we did but no such luck.