TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung 50 1080p Flat screen rear projection tv.

Customer Question
I have a Samsung 50"...
I have a Samsung 50" 1080p Flat screen rear projection tv. It has started cutting itself on and off at will. There have been no other issues to date. What can I do to fix it Help...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/12/2010
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Thanks for using Just Answers, please provide the full model number off the Tv sticker on the side.

Model #
HLT5076SX/XAA

Thanks!

Your Tv may just need something simple like a lamp ($140), or it could be a lot more complicated. Lamps run for about 4000-6000 hours so sooner or later you will need to replace the lamp. You can buy a lamp online (http://www.encompassparts.com/products/?BP96-01795A) and put it in yourself but I don't recommend you try anything more than that. Your user manual may give basic instructions for replacing the lamp. If not there are many videos on Youtube that show how to do it.

If you need further assistance please reply here, and don't forget to click the ACCEPT button if you find this information useful!

Thanks