TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

hi my sony hdtv turns offs after it is turned on and light…

Customer Question
hi my sony hdtv turns offs...
hi
my sony hdtv turns offs after it is turned on and light on front blinks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/12/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Is the light blinking a code? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

oh hi

it blinked for long after the screen turns dark like abt 30+ mtimes and turned on

model is 2005

What you have is a bad lamp, which is actually a good thing for you.

This is a consumer replaceable item which means you can replace it yourself! If you have your owner's manual it has instructions on how to do this very thing. If you have misplaced your owner's manual and need instructions on how to do this, let me know and I will be happy to get you some information.

As far as where to get a lamp, there are many places online or you can get it from Sony, I like to get mine from http://www.dlplampsouce.com/

I have replaced lamps in 100's of these Sony's for the exact same symptom that you have here, it is very common and actually only 1 time have I found the problem to be something other than the lamp.

Please let me know if you need further info, I will be happy to help in any way possible.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

can i wait till replace the lamp?

and then say i accept the the answer.

Of course, thats not a problem....just let us know once you get it done.

Thanks,

Tim

i have misplaced the manual

pls

help

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=KDF60XS955

if you click on that link, you will see towards the bottom under Manuals the "operating Instructions" Look starting on page 16.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks,
Tim