TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a question in re installing a lamp into my Hitachi…

Customer Question
I have a question in...
I have a question in re: installing a lamp into my Hitachi TV... My lamp recently went out, so I ordered a new one. Lamp is UX21517... I took the old lamp out, and went to put in the new one, but the plugs dont seem to match up, and of course I cant see back there. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Thanks,
Cynthia
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/11/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

This is the correct lamp,, first are the connectors identical,, they should work correct?

Yes, I ordered the same model number, and have examined the lamp thoroughly to see if anything looks different. Connectors are the same, box housing is the same size...

Thanks

Ok,, my trick with this would be to loosen the screws slightly on the Lamp housing,, its just not align perfectly with the tv,, And once this is done it will fit as it should
Still no luck... it seems the inside connector is slightly loose, so they are fighting w/ea other... I really dont want to have to take this tv apart! :)
Check and make sure it isn't broke,, if just loose tighten it

It doesnt appear to be broke... and there are no screws to tighten it... looks like something similar to a pop rivet is holding it in place...

Thats correct well if you loosen the Lamp side,, you have to play with it,, there is nothing i can tell you that you dont know now,,, There are no secrets,, if i was there i would have to play with it also,, Take your time good luck