TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Elite Plasma TV is giving me a message that says Plasma…

Customer Question
My Elite Plasma TV is...
My Elite Plasma TV is giving me a message that says Plasma is starting up and then it continues to shut on and off by itself and we have lost the picture. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/11/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

When it turns on and off by its self do you hear a clicking ?

When we turn it on, there is the normal still blue light on the power indicatior. Then the message Plasma Display Warming Up comes on and stays for a couple minutes then no picture occurs followed by the TV power indicator going into flashing blue light mode and once in a while it will click off. No continuous clicking occurs. It is model number PDP-5058HD approximately 2 years old. We recently had it in storage and upon unpacking it did work for the past 2 months.

Hi There,

When there is no picture on the set, is the screen backlight still on ?

It appears that the backlight comes on with the Plasma message then it goes dark. If i hit menu there is a display.