TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv will not turn on. Push power button light comes on for…

Customer Question
Tv will not turn on...
Tv will not turn on. Push power button light comes on for a few seconds and then goes out. Hit reset button. On button light does not come on. Then again push on button same thing happens.

The problem first showed up when the set all of a sudden just turned off.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/11/2010
TV Technician: Steve, Technician replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Technician
Hello, please try a test for me...

Push Power on the front panel: the green light will turn on, then off (it will shut down).

After the TV has shut down: press and hold both the Device (Input) and Menu buttons on the front panel until the green light starts flashing. It will flash a two digit code: 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, etc.

Please post the code to help determine the section of the TV that has failed and what it will take to repair it. It may be a good idea to repeat the test a few times to make sure the TV is giving the correct code.
Nothing happens

Hi, when you press the Power button on the front, the green light does not turn On then Off?

If it doesn't, the front panel may be locked... to lock or unlock the front panel, press and hold the Menu button on the front for at least ten seconds. Holding the Menu button with lock and unlock the front panel so the Power button will work.

After the front panel is unlocked, please try the test again and let me know what you find.