TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony Trnitron TV that I have had for someyears. I…

Customer Question
I have a Sony Trnitron...
I have a Sony Trnitron TV that I have had for someyears. I will be watching the TV and all of a sudden the screen will go black a few minutes later the picture will come back on a few minutes later the same thing happens. Can you tell me what I need to do to correct the problem.

Thanks

John [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/10/2010
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome

Could you please post the model number usually found on the back of the set please?

Anthony

Sony FD Trnitron WEGA XBR Model # XXXXX 32XBR450 Serial umber(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Hello again

During the shut down the sets power light will blink I need to know the amount of blinks between pauses please when this happens

Anthony

I have the TV on and am watching to see whwn it shuts off. When I see this I will count the beeps on the power light.

Hello

Thank you this will help

Anthony

The power light does not blink. It stays green

Hello

That is weird because any failure of this type will automatically start up the error control circuits in the set so it will blink.........no blink generally means no error

The set however has a self-diagnostic on screen to incase the set runs like in your case so to enter this you need to do this

Whilst in standby mode press DISPLAY............... CHANNEL 5..........VOLUME MINUS...

POWER ON in rapid succession, you should now see the self-diagnostic display I need you to post me the results on screen please

Anthony