TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Protron 42 Liqiud Crystal Display TV (PLTV-4250).

Customer Question
We have a Protron 42"...
We have a Protron 42" Liqiud Crystal Display TV (PLTV-4250). Two days ago it made a strange squeaking sound and shut off. After unplugging the TV and plugging it back in, it came back on. It has problems now though. It came back on brighter than normal and won't adjust back to 'normal'. It also shuts off when we go to the 'menu' and move from icon to icon at the top of the menu. The TV will not turn on again unless we unplug it and plug it again (either on the side of the TV or with the remote). Is this something that can be fixed?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/10/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?