TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have analog sony tv with converter. would liketo connect a…

Customer Question
Have analog sony tv with...
Have analog sony tv with converter. would liketo connect a sylvania combo dvd and vcr to record. this is an electronic question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/9/2010
TV Technician: DAnh, Systems Administrator replied 8 years ago
DAnh
DAnh, Systems Administrator

What outputs do you have on the tv or converter? RCA ports (they are yellow, red, and white)

have red,yellow, w hite on both tv and converter

That's good....and now look on the sylvania combo ... look and see if you have any inputs that have yellow,white, and red .... it has to say input ... not output.

only vcr has the input

Couple more things to check before I give you an answer:

1) On the analog tv.....the yellow/red/white connections ... are they outputs? We need to make sure those are outputs

2) On the VCR ... what's the name of the input of the (yellow/red/white connection)? It should be labeled next to it....maybe someting like V1 or V2 or something along those lines.

on tv no outputs no labels on vcr, only input

Ok...does the VCR have output connections? If so, what kind? RCA or UHF?

the dvd[vcr section has output. unsure if rca or uhf

ok...so let's see if you have all the right cables to make the following connections:

red/white/yellow (output) connection from the converter to the red/white/yellow (input) connection of the VCR

Then the red/white/yellow (output) of the VCR to the red/white/yellow (input) of the TV.

This is the connection you would need to make. Look at all the connections and see if that makes sense.

its possible but how do i operate the recorder using the conve rter and general control?

you first have to select the vcr RCA input (is there an input button on the remote or front of the vcr?)

then you have to select the RCA input for the analog TV (is there an input button on the remote or front of the TV)?